A couple of years back I had the opportunity to see Southern Culture on the Skids, if you ever get the chance I would highly recommend it. They're quite entertaining.
I picked up a few new discs this week, I went to the store in search of the new Rancid CD, though they didn't have it they DID have a B-sides album from Iron & Wine (which if you've not had the chance to hear you really should give them a listen very mellow and enjoyable music) so I grabbed it, and then this morning I had to swing by Wally World for some potting soil and just for giggles I checked to see if they had it and they did have Rancid (the irony isn't lost on me). It's a decent album, not their finest work, but better than a punch the face.
I have been away in Charleston SC for the past week and a half, I was working out of the office there and was only supposed to be there for one week, but as soon as I got there they asked me to stay on for an additional week so I could work with a new recruit. Because Matthew was getting ready to leave us, I told them I couldn't do the whole week, but was willing to help where I could.
Once I got back to Jax Matty was leaving the next day, so I took Wednesday off work and we went to the Zoo. The kids enjoyed it, and while we were in the snake house they were feeding the non-venomous snakes so we got to watch that which was AWESOME! All the moms in the room were squirming while the kids were enthralled watching the snakes gulp down mice (they were already dead)! The best was when they fed a box turtle...I won't go into detail, but I think the moms wanted to hurl.
I'm again going on the road this week, This time further south for a SURPRISE audit of an office...I'd say where, but then I'd have to kill whoever read this...we're REALLY strict about audits ;)
The nice thing about this trip is the wife and wee one will be coming, sure they'll have to entertain themselves during the day, but at night we get to explore a new place together.
That's as much of an update as I can currently provide as some pals are heading over and it looks like a 20 month old has been cleaning the house...gotta run!
9 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment