Saturday, September 5, 2009

We didn't fall into a deep hole! Promise.

I know it's been a bit of time since either Sarah or I posted anything, but we have REALLY good excuses...the..umm... dog ate our fingers! Yeah, that's the ticket.

Ok, we've got nothing, just simply being lazy because our lives have been hectic.

There was a Test post a few weeks ago while I tested texting/MMS a post, but I removed it shortly after posting.

I'll try to recap as best as I can, but it's once again the witching hour and I should be sleeping, but instead am on here, so I may miss some stuff.

Since the last post, Matthew came home, Emily keeps growing, Matthew lost and regrew his two front teeth (so now Santa will have to bring some Wii games), Emily is a SASSY little munchkin (too much like that Sarah person), Matthew started second grade and he's really enjoying it, Emily LOVES Batman (actually it's Justice League Unlimited but who am I to correct her), Matthew and Emily have really become addicted to Monsters Inc. though that seems to be waning a bit.

I finished up what was left of the summer pretty much like the rest of my Summer, Traveling. We did get the opportunity to go to Birmingham (for work) and see my brother and his family, the bad part, they all got sick while we were there, and luckily none of us caught it.

For those who follow our exploits know that I've been training at my job to take a management position, and while the summer started winding down I was offered a Job...and I accepted the position. For those wondering where we will be moving, look no further than....Nowhere. My office that I've been training in should have had 2 managers, but for the past year and change have been running with only 1 (and a few trainees) so they offered me the second seat here in Jacksonville. Sure, it's not quite what we hoped for, and for me the thought of hanging out even longer in Jacksonville doesn't cause me to do somersaults, but when I think about it, it's the best thing for us at this time to not have to try to relocate (without assistance, THANKS recession) and I get to work with the people I've been working with. I certainly think we could have done worse, so I am grateful.

The nice thing about having a permanent position, No more odd travel, just my monthly visits to Gainesville, Tallahassee, and Albany Ga. Sure, I could go down to Miami to learn how to handle international stuff...and I might...but not right now (I'd like to recover a bit).

Well, my battery is about to die on the Laptop, but I'm hoping we can get back to some semblance of normalcy now, and you'll be hearing from us with more regularity.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Thank you for the update. It's good to know you guys are still alive. I see a few posts Sarah made on face book so I knew you guys were not dead.