

I dropped Matthew off on his first day of school. I did pretty well and only lost it a few times. Luckily, I did warn Matthew this morning not to be scared if mommy cried at school. Mommy is just a nut case. He seemed to understand that notion all too well. And as you can see from the pictures, he did much better than some of the other kids. I really thought I was going to be ok until we actually got up to the school and the tears started pouring down my face. I did manage to get a few pictures in before I had to leave him in the lunchroom with his class. I kept my sunglasses on inside until I saw another mom losing it too. Then other moms who obviously had been through this before were consoling me on the way out. Teachers dragged me to the boo hoo breakfast, which I had talked myself out of attending. I do realize that I am completely ridiculous. And I know he is in good hands. The school looks like it's run by a bunch of over-achievers. It was decorated like Disney World and all of the teachers were dressed as Disney characters. Matthew said he wished he could have worn his Power Rangers costume. They also had a space walk outside. How fun is that? So, now I'm at home trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my day. I guess I could clean the house. Or I could sit in my bed and watch A Baby Story on TLC all day. Right now, I'm chosing the latter.



5 comments:
Yay Sarah! I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so awesome. Congrats on your hubby and your baby girl. I can't believe that Matthew is in Kindergarten. He looks great- so big! I remember he was just starting to toddle around right before you left. Betsy just found me the other day and was telling us that you had a blog too so when I visited Jessica's page I was ecstatic to see your blog! I hope you don't mind that I said hello. Anyway- good luck with all things baby here in October. And hang in there with the school deal. It will get better dropping him off- I promise!
Okay, Matthew is obvious not in public school...
I hope you loved the baby story on TLC and that you and Matthew had a great day.
Sarah,
Matthew looks so big in the pictures. I hope it is getting easier sending him off. I hope your pregnancy is going well. Congrats again!
that is like the hottest Queen of Hearts I have ever seen.
(drops tongue)
*costume. queen costume.
Post a Comment