Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Emily Turns 2!

The purple tutu given to her by Ben and Janelle, she loves to twirl in it!
After her party, we had to try on her princess dress and Minnie Mouse backpack while pushing her shopping cart.
This is Emily's normal expression. You have to EARN a smile! I think she was pretty mad that I made her stop drinking her juice so she could blow out her candles. I decided to make Minnie Mouse cupcakes this year. I think they turned out pretty cute!
Captain Underpants and Super Diaper Baby to the Rescue!!
I actually caught her smiling! Amazing! No, she didn't really hurt herself, she's just addicted to band-aids. Every time I try to take them off she screams. So, she wears them until they fall off. I learned to stop using the tattoo water resistant band-aids because they NEVER fall off.

It's hard to believe that it's been two years and 2 days since Emily was born. It sure has flown by. It's been really fun to watch her grow and learn everyday. I have to be really careful with what I say because she repeats everything. The other day, I heard her say, "Shoot!" And I guess I didn't realize how often I say that. It's probably not the worst thing she could pick up, but it sure sounded not great coming from a two year old.

At two, Emily is a very diverse little girl. She loves The Justice League, more specifically, the theme song. When it comes on, she stops what she's doing, gets the biggest grin on her face and starts dancing and singing "Dun na na Nu na na Nu na na Nun nuh" John is especially proud. She loves Buzz Lightyear and Woody. Her favorite movie today is "Monsters vs Aliens", though she still asks for "Buzz Year"(Toy Story 2, not to be confused with Toy Story 1 and if you do she will constantly ask, "Where BuzzYear doe?") and "Boo" (Monsters Inc.). She loves to read. She loves to play with her dolls. Her latest thing is that her dolls need to have diapers. If a doll comes with a diaper, it's not the one the doll needs. The doll needs one of Emily's diapers. Today, I had to put one of Emily's size 5 diapers on her Jessie doll, which is about the size of a Barbie. That was fun. She is learning her colors. Her favorite color, I think, is yellow. She seems to get more excited when she sees that one than the others.

She loves to count things and usually just says "One, two" over and over again. Sometimes a three gets thrown in. She is learning shapes, as well. Her favorite shape is a circle and she is always asking us to draw "cirtles" for her. She is also very interested in cooking. I used to think that she just wanted my attention, but I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, she's taking after her dad because she really wants to "see" what I'm doing. I'm in the market for a play kitchen for Christmas if anyone has one they want to get rid of... She and Matthew play pretty well together. Emily is usually the one who likes to steal toys from him and not the other way around. She's a pretty tough little girl and she doesn't like being pushed around. I definitely think this is where John's personality comes in. She can also be pretty cranky. Hopefully, this just coincides with the terrible two's, but I guess we'll see about that.

Overall, she is a joy and I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father sent her to us. I'm so grateful that I am able to be at home with her during the day even though she wears me out sometimes. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love you, Emily Elizabeth!!

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Those pictures are classic. Love the Captain Underpants pic and the mad dog look Emily is giving. Cute girl! And she looks so cute in her tutu and headband! Sounds like it's never a dull moment in your house! :-0

Also, what do you mean you are not good at decorating cakes? This is preposterous I tell you! Every cake or set of cupcakes I see you make always looks super cute. Good job!

Lindsay said...

They are so adorable! And you look great! It was good to see you the other night!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

She's so grown up already! Ayden asks to look at the Captain Underpants and Super Diaper Baby picture every time he sees me at the computer. HILARIOUS!!