Thursday, November 12, 2009

I have a problem

I'm not good at blogging. I was on a roll there for a while and lately, well, I just haven't felt it. I blame facebook mostly, but the other problem is that I only think to write when I'm stressed or worried or upset about something and that's just not what I want my blog to be. But, tonight, John's still not home after being gone all week. His plane was delayed by 2 1/2 hours. It's a 2 1/2 hour flight from Philly, so he won't be home for a little while. So, I'm just gonna be honest. It's been a doozy of a week. John left Sunday for training in NJ. I had planned to visit a friend in South Florida while he was gone, but Monday I just didn't feel well, so I decided to stay home. Tuesday, I felt worse including fever and Wednesday was no better. Finally, today, my fever is gone and I can actually breath again. I discovered that, especially when John is gone, I am a terrible sick person. Being pregnant only makes it worse. And everything is always just fine until John leaves. I know that when he leaves is when something is going to happen. Either I lock myself out of the house, the a/c breaks, I come down with the flu, you name it, John leaves and I will have to deal with it without him. These things will make me stronger, right?

Speaking of things that will make me stronger. My OB has instructed me NOT to do any exercising until they can do a sonogram to make sure everything looks good with the baby. I've been working out 3-5 times a week for over a year now and this is KILLING me! One of the reasons why I was so committed was because I wanted to be more fit for this pregnancy. I was hoping that I could still run for a little while, but that is out the window. Of course I want the baby to be healthy, but I really think the doctor is overreacting. Don't worry, I'm being good and doing what he tells me to do, but I just really don't want to get lazy and gain as much weight as I did with the other two.

Speaking of the baby, although I'm complaining, I am really excited about this one. I love watching Matthew and Emily playing together, they are just so darned cute. Yeah, they have their moments, like when Emily has to have whatever Matthew has and freaks out if he doesn't give her what he's playing with, but then other times she'll start repeating what he says and it cracks both of us up. She is so infatuated with him. If he wants to play dress up, she wants to play dress up. If he sits in his chair, she has to sit right next to him in her Woody and Buzz chair. If he jumps around and acts like a ninja, so does Emily. When we take him to the busstop, Emily has to wear her backpack because Matthew is wearing his. Matthew has started wrestling with her, which she absolutely loves and it's so nice that they both have someone else to play with. I think when the new baby comes, it may be a little trying for Emily at first, but I also think that she is going to love being a big sister and helping mom with the baby. Matthew has already told me that he's super excited and really wants a little brother. My gut tells me it is a boy, but I'm usually wrong about these things, so I guess we'll see. We should be able to find out what it is sometime in January. Having three is a big deal. We will be outnumbered. I only have two eyes and two hands, so I'm a little worried, but I think I'm up for it. It will be a fun ride.

I've got a lot of catching up to do, but I'll have to do it another time. I've got pictures from our trip to Baton Rouge, Halloween pictures and just cute pictures of the kids. I'm going to try to do better at posting so I don't get so behind, but we'll see how it goes. Maybe I should start a journal, then I can reserve my blog for happy things. Nah, I'll probably just keep wasting my time on facebook.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I hate how life goes south when the hubby is away. It's not just you :) Bart is going to NYC for work Sunday and I just KNOW something will happen in the 30 hours he is gone.
As for the baby...having 3 is not that bad, esp. since Matthew is old enough to really help.
Oh, and who wants to read just the happy moments?

Kara and Theo said...

Is there a reason why the OB doesn't want you doing any exercise? I know exactly what you mean about everything going wrong when the husband leaves. I don't know if it made me any stronger, but I'm really good at being bitter...does that count?

Lexi said...

Ok, what?! Did I know you were pregnant and forgot or is this the first time you posted about it? My mind is so scatter brained all the time. I'll just blame it on the nursing- Chloe is sucking the life force out of me! :-) Anyway, congrats! Maybe I already said that but since I'm not sure, I'll just go ahead and say it. That sucks about the no running. I was running a lot before Chloe and then when I was pregnant with her I just lazed around the house but that was by choice! Hopefully you'll get the green light soon to get moving again. And I H.A.T.E. it when Troy is out of town. He is my best friend so when he leaves I feel like there's a hole in my heart and I can never sleep as well. Hope things are looking up. Is he home again now? The kids sound like they are good pals. That's awesome! They are so creative too!