Monday, January 26, 2009

New Photos







Thanks to Kylee and Jeff for introducing us to a very talented photographer! We took pictures with her on Saturday and she put a few on her blog to give me a sneak peak. I'm so excited to see the rest of them!! If you're in Jax, check out her website at www.wendyupdegraffphotography.com. We definitely recommend her!!

Also, because I haven't written in a while, I probably need to write a few things about the kids. Matthew is doing really well in school. He is an excellent reader. This week is the 1st grade slumber party, so he gets to wear his pjs to school on Friday. Also, we had to make him a teddy bear which he gets to parade around with at school on Friday in his pjs. He's super excited about that. Emily is just growing so fast. She has cut 4 molars and has been drooling like a faucet! She has decided that running is much better than walking, so I spend a lot of time chasing after her. She has the cutest run, too. I love the above picture with her tongue sticking out, because she is very expressive with her tongue. It's really cute. She also talks pretty much non-stop. Most of it we can't understand, but she talks like you should be able to understand her. Her vocabulary is definitely getting broader, which I'm really happy about considering that I can't get her to get rid of the paci completely. I've been trying to wean her off of it slowly, but she's not letting go of it altogether yet. Some of the words she says right now are hot, mama, Matthew, mo (no), happy, puppy (which is usually followed by a bark), daddy, apple, and tank do (thank you). We are still working on please. She also knows that a kitty cat says meow (or OWWW).

I am still working out with Ashley and Kyrsten. I've lost 7 lbs so far and I'm training to run in the Gate River Run which is 15k. I'm pretty excited about it considering I've never done a race. I've heard it's a really fun race and there are lots of people there cheering you on, so hopefully I'll make it through without passing out. I am also trying to keep working to bring in some extra spending money. It's tough sometimes to find time to fit everything in, but it's also nice not to be completely stagnant sometimes.

John is still enjoying his job. We are still waiting to see where we will end up. There is no timeframe and no definite place, so life continues to be as fun as ever!!

That's all for now. The busstop awaits!!

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Your pictures turned out beautifully!

becs said...

You guys are GORGOUS! I miss you so much!

Jason and Charlotte said...

How cute! The pictures turned out so good. I've been wanting my family to get some pictures taken like these. I love the one of you and John in the back ground and Mathew up close, too cool! Miss you guys!!

Brown Family said...

Those are such nice photos. I love the look to them. I am such a bad mom at photos. I need to get some professional ones done!

Brown Family said...

Those are such nice photos. I love the look to them. I am such a bad mom at photos. I need to get some professional ones done!

Betsy said...

I love the pictures--I'm glad to know I'm not the only blog slacker out there!

Catherine said...

I ditto the other's comments on the photo's. They did turn out really well and your family is growing up so fast. We miss you too but glad you are far away from the crazyness of your family.

Jessica said...

Those are gorgeous pictures Sarah. Matthew is so grown up. I think we might get to see him this summer, so that will be fun for Brennan to meet Matthew.