
Matthew's favorite movie right now is Peter Pan. He watches it on average 3 to 5 times a day. It's pretty funny to me because I would have thought that Cars would be his movie of choice these days seeing as how he LOVES anything to do with fast cars and has announced that he will be a race car driver when he grows up. But, no. His favorite movie is about a little boy who can fly, fights pirates and never wants to grow up. He's also said that he thinks Tinkerbell is Lovely and wants some of her "fairy" dust so he can fly too. He also watches the movie holding his little toy dagger so he can also fight pirates along with Peter Pan. He can pretty much quote the entire movie at this point and often asks me to clarify things that he doesn't understand. Such as, "Mom, what's a cuff link?" and "Is Peter Pan a fairy tale?" I just love this age. I love having a boy. Yesterday, I was folding laundry and found a pair of Matthew's shorts that were noticeably heavier than the others. I looked in one of the side pockets and it was full of acorns. When I asked him why he had a pocket full of acorns, he said they were for his collection. I guess he's starting an acorn collection. Good for him, I say!



4 comments:
that is so fun! brennan and matthew would be such good friends. today was a snow day (officially) and he turned his room into a pirate ship. i am not quite sure how it was a pirate's ship, but he played for hours in it!
oh, the joy of boys!
Oh man- I'm so envious. All Peyton wants to do is cry, eat, sleep or destroy the house. I guess I should give him a break since he's 9 months old- but still... when are you gonna talk and say cute things?! I love that Matthew is collecting acorns. I used to collect rocks when I was a kid.
What a cute kid! How fun! I feel sad seeing how fast Teya is growing up, but then I hear things like that and it makes me excited for her to be 2, 3, 4, etc. Also, you are such a great writer, your posts are always so fun to read!
that is so funny! Hannah loves Peter Pan, too. She walks around the house with a wooden pants hanger for a hook. We had to put a stop to the jumping from couch to couch with the "hook", though. I could see an interview with social services happening as a result of that imaginative play!
Post a Comment