So, Yesterday was Groundhog's Day, the MOST under appreciated Holiday in the world!*Well, for those of you living on the Moon, He indeed saw his shadow, and in his own words declared:
"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me.
Six more weeks of winter it will be!"
Six more weeks of winter it will be!"
While that's nice and all, and Winter doesn't really bother to come to Florida, so Why, you may be asking yourself, am I wasting valuable reading time and commenting on Groundhog's Day?
Because I realized that I haven't had a Groundhog's Day Party in almost 5 years! And that is very Sad. You see, I stole the tradition from my friend Neil, well, Stole isn't quite right as we were living together at the time, but after he moved to Utah we carried on the Tradition in his absence. How it would go down is thus -
1. Rent/Buy Groundhog's Day starring Bill Murray
2. Put the movie (which is already an endless loop) on an endless loop for the entirety of the Party.
3. Buy Large Ice Blocks for carving
4. Carve into the shape of a Groundhog
Of course, since the tradition was incorporated into the "Happy Canyon Resort" we added a DJ in the basement (usually me), & Boxing in the Front Room (I only ever boxed Squeaks).
I tried having one after moving to Jax, but it went over like a bag of hammers and since then I've largely forgotten about this former Tradition, well NO MORE I say, Next year I shall be having a Groundhog's Day Party! Of course, what with the kids, perhaps I'll not allow boxing.
*this statement has not been fact checked for validity.



5 comments:
How did I miss one of those partys?!
That is probably my favorite picture ever!
Erica, You missed those parties, because you were married. You two fell off the planet.
And Sarah, Yes, it's the best picture EVAR! This is a Groundhog I would listen to, I don't actually care about Phil.
I wonder if we could get our rat to hold a gun?? If there is a Rat day, please let us know and we will try it.
~Carrie
I don't know if it was so much us falling off the planet as much as no body wanted to hang with the "married" people!!
Post a Comment