Monday, April 21, 2008

Lame-o

So, I know I haven't posted in a while. For a few days, it was because nothing exciting was happening, then I got so busy I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off. I started going into the office in the afternoons in preparation for the summer and it's just made life that much more crazy. Matthew started piano lessons with Prairie and he's doing really well. He's already learning how to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He is also learning to read so well. Everytime he reads to me, I can't believe how many words he knows. He's amazing! Emily hit the 6 month mark on the 12th and I do have pictures of her. I'll post them when I have more time. She weighs 16.5 lbs and is 27 1/2 inches long. She is in the 50th percentile for her weight and the 95th percentile for her height. She is trying so hard to sit up on her own and she gets better at it everyday. She is laughing and smiling more now too. She loves to watch whatever Matthew does and he loves to make her laugh. It's really cute! She is still sleeping well through the night (thank goodness) and she is definitely a momma's girl. She loves to be held and when she's not happy, she lets out the most ear piercing scream. It literally makes your eardrum vibrate. I call her the Black Canary. The only reason why I know who that is is because of my comic book nerd of a husband who loves the Justice League. But, there is no better comparison. Man, I love that kid.

Yesterday, we went to listen to the Navy Band play at the beach. Have I ever mentioned how much I love the beach? I don't go nearly as often as I would like, especially since we only live 3 miles away. This is my favorite time of the year at the beach. There is music almost every weekend being played at the pavilion and every Friday in May they play a movie there too. It is one thing I will really miss if John moves us away. I think once you live close to a beach, it gets in your blood. I'm sure I will have withdrawals.

9 comments:

Meredith said...

I am in complete beach withdrawals! I am CRAVING the feeling of the sand under my feet. I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond the other day to grab a linen candle and got sidetracked by the one called Sand & Sun by Yankee Candle. It made me want to cry. It actually smells like the beach in the summer! Next time you go to the beach, take off your shoes and sink your feet in deep just once for me!

Sarah said...

I totally will! I love the mountains, but I think I will totally miss the beach. There is just something about it.

Erica said...

I have heard that- about the ocean- I have also heard people say the same about the mountains. I have never left Colorado, but I have a strong desire to try the east coast.

Happy said...

Fun new post! Your kids are awesome!

Prairie said...

YES, Mathew is awesome at piano already! He is going to b a rock star on the keyboards... well maybe ( :

So I have never heard Emily scream like that! Sounds AWFUL! Probably even noise cancelling headphones wouldn't work on someone called the black canary! You guys are so funny!

And oh, yes, the beach concert was WONDERFUL! I loved just getting to hang out with you! You guys are so much fun!

Brown Family said...

I miss the beach as well. I think we are taking a vacation towards the end of the year down to Daytona and Orlando. I will have to get a beach run in on one of those stops. There is just something about the ocean. Awesome!

Great job Matthew on the piano!

It is so cute when the siblings interact with each other. Only when it is laughing. I hate the teasing stage. lol!

Amanda said...

Hi Sarah! I was wondering if you would mind me putting a link to your blog on the RS blog? If so, please let me know. You can either leave a comment on the blog or e-mail us at beachesward@gmail.com. Thanks! Also, great blog! It is fun to see people outside of the church realm...

Kara and Theo said...

My heart actually aches for the beach. I thought moving out to Cali it would be sunshine and beach year round. Apparently you have to go further south for that. We got jipped. We are trying so hard to get back that way next transfer. Here's to wishing!

Daisy Paige said...

Never move to Las Vegas. No beach, no mountains, no green. Just lots of dirt and lights. It's pretty flat and ugly.