Saturday, July 5, 2008

"Emily, Stop eating the TV!!!"

So, As I sit here this fine Morning, Emily and I are on the floor playing, and she decides that a fun thing to do is to stand herself up by grabbing the TV, and then she starts gnawing on it...and So, without thinking I look at her and say the thread's title...It then dawned on me, perhaps my baby is a wee bit on the hungry side. (but don't tell Sarah that I considered if Emily was hungry, she's convinced I never feed the little blighter)

SAPPY WARNING

Yesterday, and Today are both anniversaries of sorts for Sarah and I. It was 4 years ago yesterday when I first invited her over to my beach house for a BBQ and firework watching party. I gotta give Big Props to Jason C for helping a bruthah out...we were sitting together at Church when I saw Sarah (who I'd met previously, but for the life of me couldn't remember her name) and being the SMOOTH operator that I am, when she came over, rather than admit I couldn't remember her name, I simply turned to Jason and said "This is my friend Jason" she then properly introduced herself and then...She was MINE! We then sat together for Sunday School and yakked for a bit, I invited her over to the BBQ and she said she'd try, so she gave me her # and asked me to call her with directions and whatnot. I did, she came...and the rest as they say is...a convoluted mess!

Which brings us to 4 years ago today, After hanging with her and Matthew, and all my other friends on the 4th, I decided to call her and ask if she wanted to go out. So during work I called her up and asked if she wanted to go to dinner, she said "Sure, can I bring Matthew" to which I replied "Of course" all the while dratting that little boy...So the date was set but when I arrived to pick her up, she had a sitter there. It was nice as we were able to spend some time alone and get to know each other better.

I took her to a Japanese Steakhouse where I offered to get some Sushi, her reply "I don't like Sushi" Which was of course, the first of MANY lies she would tell during our courtship ;) Sadly I introduced her to the GOOD sushi, and have been paying for it ever since.

After dinner we went back to her place and watched Runaway Jury (it's amazing I can remember all this) and pretty much since July 5th, 2004 we've been together. I Love you Sarah!

2 comments:

Kara and Theo said...

I really love reading your blog, your comments are whitty and comical. Having said that, I really miss Sarah's comments. I haven't read a blog from her in a while. You two have a matched whit and I think it's hilarious, so when I read yours it takes me awhile to know who is writing. She needs to grace us with her blog writing skills, I am feeling the withdrawals!

StephanieChvala said...

John and Sarah, I love your blog! Though it's a bit intimidating to those of us considering trying a spot ourselves... :)