I can't believe an entire month has passed since either of us got off of our lazy duffs and started typing. (I at least have an excuse) In the past Month...I can't really say what the heck has been going on, like Sarah I'm not so much into the season...I don't know why, when I was a kid I would be outta my skin with excitement, but I didn't even realize how close we were to Christmas until on this past Wed one of my co-workers pointed to an obnoxiously large calendar and showed me that I had 1 week to go shopping for my wife...Luckily for me she LOVES Chia Pets purchased on Christmas eve from Walgreens, I mean WHO wouldn't love that?!
The kids have presents galore stashed all over the house (more than likely we'll forget something and it will be found weeks later and will then become a Birthday gift.) so many, that I'm thinking our brats are a tad bit spoiled...I blame Sarah, she's a bad influence.
I have to confess...I messed up...the other day when Matthew came home with a gift for Em, I suggested he hide it in his closet by saying "Just put it on the shelf in your closet, closets are great places to hide presents"...and as soon as it came out of my mouth I realized that if Matty were a more cognizant child he'd realize that Mom and Dad's closet is filled to the brim with crap for him...but luckily for me, he still believes in Santa and doesn't think Ma and Pa do all the leg work ...sadly though I'm pretty sure Santa won't be delivering the Wii that was requested, here's hoping that his faith won't be too severely shaken.
Speaking of Santa, last Saturday we had the opportunity to go to a rest home over in Orange Park with some folks from my office, a few days prior to going Sarah started to prep Matthew because Santa was going to make an appearance.
Matthew decided he was going to become Santa's Helper.Matthew was such a great helper, he went with one of my co-workers to help give bells to some of the residents and then he sang all the songs, and had a really great attitude about the whole event.



1 comment:
The funny thing about this story is that Matthew told me that he was going to be "Santa's Little Helper". He thought about that for a few minutes and then he told me that he didn't want to be "Santa's Little Helper" because that's the name of the dog on the Simpson's. So, I told him he could just be Santa's helper and he was ok with that. I hope we never meet anyone with a dog named Matthew.
Post a Comment