9 years ago
Friday, April 3, 2009
Maybe it's PMS
But I really want to shoot my family right now. The Easter Egg hunt would have been fabulous if not for the cranky husband, screaming 18 month old, and pouting 6 year old. It's finally a beautiful day, yet I don't feel like doing anything with my family. If I have to hear John yelling at Matthew because he's not following him on LEGO Star Wars one more time, I swear I'm gonna go postal on someone. This will probably include throwing the wii out the window or bashing it with a baseball bat. Hmm, better not go near a baseball bat right now, probably not a good idea. I called the salon where John bought my day package (see? he really is wonderful) to see if they have any openings today for my manicure and pedicure. Amazingly, they did and it's a good thing because, I think I will like my family better when I get back. Maybe a solo walk on the beach afterwards will do me some good. Yes, yes...I'm feeling better already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
My kid doesn't follow me on Lego Star Wars either.
I don't yell, though.
I pummel.
Hard.
Why, oh why, do they have to follow each other on Star Wars Legos? It drives me bonkers to hear Bart yell at Brennan to follow or Brennan yell at Jackson, at which point Jackson kills his guy, gets mad, and runs away.
Hope you had a fab time at the salon.
Theo won't play with Tobie anymore because he won't follow him. LOL! Sounds like you have a nice afternoon of recuperation, Enjoy it for me
OMG! I am so glad that John and Matthew aren't the only ones with this problem. I feel so much better, guys!! And the salon was just what the doctor ordered. I feel so much better now. Afterwards, I walked down to the beach and sat on the boardwalk (couldn't have the sand mess up the pedi!!) and just listened to the ocean and enjoyed the beach sans kids. It was 10 minutes of heaven!
Do what I do: Turn the kids' character off. Half the time the little bastards don't even notice, and then you don't have to worry about the kids following you.
That, or Jason's suggestions.
I love the Lego games, but I think the closest I've been to breaking down and sobbing like a broken man is when one of the kids won't follow me, and I've just gotten the damned door to open on the Death Star by driving the car over the five red dots.
-Steven
Post a Comment