Saturday, April 18, 2009

Too depressed to Garage Sale

I said good bye to one of my best good friends here in Jax today. Jared decided to get a great job in Mass and took away my favorite friend and garage sale-ing partner in crime. Darn you, Jared, for wanting to support your family!! Really, I am totally excited for them. It sounds like a great opportunity and I know that once everything settles down (they offered him the job at the beginning of the week and they are moving tomorrow!), Happy will love her new home and the fact that her husband isn't a student anymore. But, garage sale-ing just won't be the same without her. Who's going to get excited with me when I find a great deal? Who's going to give me the courage to talk someone down from $5 to $2? Next Saturday may quite possibly be the biggest garage sale day of the season, so I've got a week to get excited about going by myself. Thank goodness for cell phones, because I thoroughly plan to call her while I'm out. And if I look at the brightside, I've been wanting to take a trip up to Boston. Now, we'll have someone to mooch - er stay with. Yay for us!

3 comments:

Kara and Theo said...

Ouch, you had a place in San Fran, but I guess I'm not cool enough cause I don't have any garage sale skills.

Astorga Crew said...

Hey, I was hoping you might be in on helping me clean Jared and Happy's place. I think Sara M. will watch kids while we clean. Do you think there might be another (or 2) who would be willing to do it as well? Also, could you wait until we clean to turn off the breaker? I talked to them about that and they said it would be okay. I guess just leave a comment on my blog or are you on facebook? Happy got me weirded out about leaving my email on a public blog.

Happy said...

Oh how I miss you already!!! And Pablo Bay!! Is their sale this Saturday?? I am dying, I can't believe I won't be there for it. You and all of those garage sales. All of those name brand little girls' clothes. I am crying a little inside right now. About you, that is.
Loved the post! You crack me up! I don't think I'll ever find such a great friend again. No one will ever compare! Make me proud this Saturday!!