Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chicks, man!

Here you go, Becky!! Three of the hottest chicks this side of the Mississippi. This was the day before John and I got married, May 19, 2005. I can't believe that was 4 years ago!! I was so happy that Becky and Shelley were able to make it. I don't know if I ever told you thanks for everything you did, but I hope you know how much I appreciate you guys being there and helping out with everything while I freaked out about the rain, my make-up, hair, where we were going to stand, where was Matthew?, where should we take pictures, is my dress steamed?, etc etc. It was so nice to have such a wonderful day to remember and I know that it was in large part due to the help of my family and friends.

Now, on to the syrup. If you don't like syrup, you should stop reading now. It's the day after my 4 year anniversary (thanks to John for proclaiming it wordless Wednesday, so I couldn't write anything yesterday), so there will be syrup!! As many of you know, when I first met John, I wasn't impressed. I can't even remember what he said to me that turned me off, but it was some cocky statement that all of you who know and love John can probably relate to. So, I wrote him off for a while until fate (i.e. Heavenly Father) brought us together again. Looking back, I really think that we both just needed to have some more experiences before we were ready for each other. It's amazing to look back and realize all of the things that Heavenly Father put into place so that we'd find each other and fall in love. It wasn't long after John moved into my ward that I realized that there was no other man on this planet with whom I could imagine spending the rest of eternity. Up until that point, I wasn't sure about the whole marriage thing anymore. You could say I was slightly disillusioned. Because of that, I put John through the ringer. Not only did I put hoops in front of him to jump through, but they were flaming hoops. I really didn't think any man could get through them unscathed. Yet, he continued to show me how much the loved me and wanted to be with me. He actually enjoyed my company, and I his. And now it's 4 years later and I never thought I could love a man more than I loved him on May 20, 2005, but I was wrong. Our trials and ups and downs have only brought us closer together. I wish I could express how grateful I am, how incredibly blessed I feel, but words are not enough. I did clean the bathroom today, so that should help. Seriously, I love ya, honey! Thanks for not giving up on me. Now, I have eternity to return the favor.

1 comment:

becs said...

WOO HOO, we were HOT! O how time flies. & we didn't do anything you wouldn't do for us.

As for John: I didn't like him either. I cried when you told me you were marrying him. But, I realize that probably would have been my response to anyone. Who was good enough for My Sarah? Well, John proved he was. Thanks John for taking such good care of them.