Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Couple of inaccuracies...and there very well could be some gushing.

As I read that last post there was a part that after reading my mouth dropped. Sarah Wrote;

I get this crazy notion that I should pretend to be a cake decorator (which I am not, but I would love to take a class) and decide to try to make some cake that is far out of my league, stress about it for days, make the attempt, and fail miserably.


Though, I will agree Sarah is NOT a professional cake decorator, she seems to fake it pretty dang well. "How well?" you may be asking yourself, well, I now present to you some of the Cakes that Sarah has made for Matthew's Birthday.

Here's one from Matthew's 3rd Birthday, when he said he wanted a Golf Ball


Also the same year for his Beach Party he wanted FISH cupcakes (he was a HUGE Nemo fan at the time), so Sarah made the water and Swedish Fish jumping out of them.


Here's one of the years that Matthew was in crazy about CARS (sure she got a kit that came with the car, but the road idea was all her.)


I couldn't easily find the others, but these should give you a small sampling of the skills that my awesome chica has. She's always willing to try something new and I've yet to see her fail when she's tried.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Honey, I can't believe you found these pictures. But, I'm very grateful that I took them from the best angles of the cakes. No need to look at the lopsided backside or get too close to see the crumbs in the frosting. Thanks for being proud of me, though. It means a lot.

Happy said...

See, seriously, Sarah just doesn't realize how talented she is. I knew it!

Catherine said...

Well she got all that talent from mom. I don't feel like I got much talent. Sarah can sew cute cloths, and who know what else. She can decorate cakes and she can draw very well. Not to mention the 'do it yourself' skills with fixen up the house. Sometimes I wonder what talents I got from the gene pool. Oh well. Very happy and proud to call my sister my sister. I love you.

Catherine said...

Michael, my three year old, wanted to see the McQueen cake again. Then when I brought it up he wanted to watch it.