As it turns out, it wasn't the spicy chicken wings at all. Emily started running a fever last night of 101 degrees. John took her to the emergency room at 2:00 a.m. and was there with her all night running tests. They couldn't find anything wrong with her other than the fever. I think she's feeling a little better today, she's pretty much been sleeping all day and the fever has gone down. We have to go back tomorrow to get the results of some cultures they took to see if it was viral as they suspect. Poor little thing, she had a rough night and then had to get poked and prodded again today by her pediatrician. I'm sure she will be fine, but please keep her in your prayers!
In other news, it was Matthew's Pow Wow at school today. All of the kindergarten classes wore Native American costumes and performed a few dances they had learned. In all the craziness with Emily, I forgot my camera. But, I did have my camera phone. I'll post some pictures and videos as soon as I can figure out how to get them onto my computer. This will involve John who is taking a well deserved nap right now.
9 years ago



4 comments:
Did the social workers come yet? I've heard if your baby runs fever before two months old, that the social workers come to your house to make sure the environment is safe. This happened to Susan Eades and another lady in our ward, and they were pretty annoyed.
Poor Baby! I hope she is feeling better and that you both get some rest.
Hey Sarah, I'm so excited that we found out we both have blogs!! Your blog is so fun, I love the way you write, you had me laughing through the whole thing! I'm glad Emily is feeling better. It was fun to hang out last night!
How scary! I'm glad she's doing okay. How are you doing after that scare?
Post a Comment