For those of you sickened by the saccharine levels lately of our blog, try not to spew as even two years ago I said loving things about my wife.
I still don't understand what made ya do it, but I'll miss you until we can once again sit around reminiscing of the good times we shared at the Happy Canyon Resort, or Elmira Ct.Happy BurfDay to ME
Well, it's that Time of Year again...the time when I grow one more year older, and I think back and wonder where in the heck the Time has gotten to.I remember clearly 2 years ago when I bought some notebooks to start keeping track of things better, and to start keeping a Journal of sorts...Yeah that worked out...But this Year...oh YES this year will be different!! you know how I know? well, my Loving Wife went out and picked me up some CD's. and no not just ANY CDs...She got me: Iron & Wine, Frou Frou, Flaming Lips, & The Postal Service (yes, I know I'm behind the times in getting good music...leave me be I Live in Jacksonville, they're getting in house plumbing soon) She told me that the Nerd behind the counter at the CD store found out she was getting the CD's for her Husband, and Proposed. Yep, that's how cool my wife is, Nerdy Music Store Nerds want her...heck I think at some point in my life I would have been categorized as a Music Store Nerd. (reminds me of the time I applied at Blockbuster Music and knew more about music than the manager that was interviewing/hiring me on the spot, till they said they could only pay me $6 hr I laughed heartily and explained I hadn't made that little money since I was flipping Burgers @ McDonalds back when I was 16. thus ended my career as a music store nerd.)
Brent (AKA Squeaks, Warren, AngWee) was an amazing friend! Even though there were times when we wanted to beat the living crap out of each other (and there were plenty of these) when I think of him, I clearly recall two things;
First, was the last phone call we had, where he was just looking to chat, and I was too self absorbed to take more than 10 minutes to listen...3 weeks later I cried over his casket.
Second, was all the countless hours we spent together at Bennigans playing NTN during lunch and the ridiculous ways we would occupy our time during the day while we were both working night shifts.




No comments:
Post a Comment