Sunday, June 29, 2008

I am an Amzing flower who will soon Sprout to his full potential!

Where to Start? I don't know...that's why the silence has been so deafening round these here parts lately!

So, I'll just ramble for a bit and hope that it all makes it out, and if not, I'm sure the wife will come along behind me and correct any inaccuracies.

I've been moved from being the CTR 5 teacher (since Sarah can't teach with me anymore) to being the 10/11 year old teachers...What I love is that the oldest class has the least respect out of any in the Primary...I'm thinking beatings are in order! Luckily I won't be in there long, because...

I GOT THE JOB! (what's he talking about you're asking yourself) well, starting about June of 2006 I made the decision that I wanted to follow the career path that my older brother had taken and move from the back end operations of where I work (which legally I cannot identify online) to the more front facing "Branch" wherein I would join an illustrious team which we'll call "Managers."

So, at the time I went to my boss, who gave me the green light and said he'd back me up, So I started down the long road to enter into the management program, firstly I had to complete a written assessment of my skills and experiences, while at the same time so did my boss, We submitted them simultaneously for review and approval and then waited for the decision to be made if I could go up for the interview.
After a few weeks (this was now August) I got back the answer that based upon some of the things my boss had written I would not be accepted, but could try again next time (this is a Semi Annual thing). I was more than annoyed that I was not able to go, and more so annoyed that my younger brother was accepted for that round of interviews. I'll not go into the ridiculous nature of my boss, since it is easily summed up that he was a selfcentered ars who didn't feel like I had "earned" it.

Flash Forward to the following February (2007) I went to my new boss (I've had quite a few in the last few years) explained that once again, it was time for the Manager's Assessment and that I would like his approval to go, and this time, I would like to see what he was writing about me so I wouldn't get Caesared in the back again. He (who was actually a decent guy) happily agreed to helping, and we once again submitted our written assessments, this time however I was accepted to go to the next stage. I was able to go to New Jersey for an actual assessment of my skills and personality. It's a one day event full of interviews and role playing scenarios, they try to create "A Day in the Life."

Once I got back, I only had to wait a few days to find out the results, which were that I was not accepted into the program, and now I would have to wait at least 1 year before being able to return. I was provided feedback on strong skills and areas of improvement which I was able to work towards correcting.

Flash Forward to this March, I received a call from the Divisional Manager in Miami who asked if I was still interested in the program, which I responded that I was indeed interested, she asked me to come to Miami and meet with her so she could get to know me, and see if I was ready to go through again. That's why we went to Miami (Sarah blogged about the trip). Since then I've traveled around a bit polishing the skills I needed, and working with various people to better prepare myself for the assessment and job. Well, this past Tuesday I went to Jersey again for the Reassessment, and on Wednesday I received the call that I had passed and would be accepted into the program!

Now, what this means is:
  1. We are most likely moving
  2. It will be very soon
  3. We have no idea, outside of the "Southeast" area where it will be
  4. Sarah likes me again ( she claims to have always liked me, but I don't know...)
  5. I will be busy off my can getting ready to go, and then once I start the new job
Our house, which has always been in one stage of "Improvements" since we move into it will now need to be thrown into higher gear, luckily one of our friends is doing many of the repairs on the house, he recently finished renovating the bathroom and it looks great (though I'm pretty convinced that it's only my efforts in hanging the new towel bar that really tied it all together)

So, in the next few weeks, Matthew will be returning, we will be having his Birthday party, I will be going to Jersey for more training, we will find out where we're being sent, we will be moving, our house will go on the market, I will pull all of my hair out from the craziness, Sarah will need to be institutionalized, Emily will learn how to crawl, and Matthew will join a biker gang. It's going to be hectic!

Speaking of Emily, I've discovered that she really likes music. She likes to dance (or bob up and down with the beat) She especially likes WuTang Clan (I blame Sarah's evil influence). Tonight she was smacking a Sesame Street toy that plays music and as soon as it started to play the songs she started bobbing up and down, it was pretty cute. She also likes her Johnny Jump-Up she crouches down really low and rockets up, she grins ear to ear while she does it.

Here's where a Video of her in action would have been, but after 30+ minutes for a 2 minute video I didn't feel like waiting any longer.

Another thing I just learned is that blogging while your wife is next to you will earn you a lesson about the proper way to type, and spell check. Thanks Wife!

As for Music, recently the wife came across Damien Rice (I've had his CD's for a while) and she helped me remember why I liked them in the first place, really mellow and good tunes. I should add some over there ---> but that would require effort, and I'm too tired to be bothered.

This weekend has been a busy one, Sarah's friend Becky came into town and we went down to Universal Studios, where she scarred a poor young boy for life on the Jaws ride...I don't think he'll ever go into another boat house again! We went to a Wedding Reception where we discussed blogs with Sister Smith from Greenville S.C. (Hi Sister Smith!) and then again today at the Linger Longer Blogging came into the conversation, so It made me realize that I needed to get back online and blog a wee bit, because lately my online time has been spent playing with my e-mail and harassing folks on LDS Linkup.

I also need to comment more often on my friend's blogs where I SWEAR I am paying attention, I'm just lurking is all. Sometimes I feel my comments are too snarky, so I'll try to tone it down.

Well, It's bedtime...so, G'night.

6 comments:

Janelle Heath said...

Your leaving me? Your entire family is leaving me/us? So soon? But our friendship only began 6 years ago...it's too soon to leave me. Can you at least wait until like October so I can see you again? At least promise to move somewhere cool that I/we would actually want to visit...you know like CO or NY or DC or WA or OR or something like that...just keep that in mind when you relocate. I'm still in shock..your leaving me.

Anonymous said...

Hi this is the Grimm Family! CONGRATS ob the Job! Alexis says hi and she missies going tochurch and being in your class! She says it every week now! Well, I love your site, it is so nice I wish I knew how to do more with mine I am just learning about blogging and I have NOBODY to show me so I am doing it all by myself. Well, take care and check us out sometime @

http://4grimms.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenna said...

Thanks for the update and the comment on my blog!

Love the profile pic!

Christina said...

WOW!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! I hope that the whole thing goes alot smoother than you think and you get to go somewhere neat! When does it look like you guys will go?? I need to call you!

Prairie said...

John and Sarah! You are fabulous people and I wish you the biggest congratualtions for this huge achievement in your lives!!! I love all your blog entires... they are soo funny! And WOW I ahave never seen a kid enjoy a johnny jump up as much as emily does! That girl is amazing! Definitely worth the "loading" wait!

SO HEY! Look up up next time you are in Jersey!!! I hope you guys might be our new neighbors!
Congrats again!
Prairie