
Then, during the last mile, you run over the Hart Bridge, affectionately referred to as "The Green Monster". You're tired, you're bones and joints and knees are aching, but there are people on the sidelines cheering you on, telling you "You can do it!!! Keep going! You're almost there!!" You have a Cake song stuck in your head and you keep telling yourself "She's going the distance, she's going for speed!" (but really, you're just going because you know that if you stop, you won't be able to start again)

And then, before you know it, you're going downhill with the finish line in sight. Like I said, it was awesome. And now, I'm totally stoked about the Princess 1/2 Marathon and I've decided that I think that will be the most I will try to run. I'm not sure my old bones and joints could handle a full marathon. Running for an hour and a half to two hours is enough for me. And in Academy Award fashion, I'd like to thank Kyrsten and Ashley for convincing me this was a good idea, Jordan for letting me borrow her pants, sharing her magic jelly beans, and running with me, John for making me an awesome playlist and letting me buy the new shoes that totally helped, and HF for helping my knee not to hurt so bad that I couldn't make it to the finish line. I love you all!!!!



13 comments:
Congratulations!!! That is so awesome! I so want to do a run there now. I want to see a picture of your medal. Did you get a t-shirt also? That's what I run them for. heehee! Great job Sarah!
You're awesome! Congrats!
Great job Sarah! My first 10K I ran in 1:16, so I'd say you kicked some serious butt!!
We are very pleased for you and proud of you. Would you like us to pass the pain killer. What flavor? -- Denver Poors
ALMOST thou persuadest me...
It is 10 weeks until the Boulder-Boulder 10K. www.halhigdon.com training plan says I could be ready...
You should totally do it!!!! If I was there, I would run it with you!!
Kara - I did get a t-shirt, but I was jealous of the girls I saw wearing the pink Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon t-shirts. They are so much cuter. Next year, baby!! Oh and I am so shocked that they don't allow music there. How are you supposed to get through it?
That's awesome, Sarah! I can't imagine how that feels. The farthest I've ever ran at one time is 4 miles and I was only 15 or 16 years old. That was half of my life ago! You are an inspiration to me. If I were in your shoes I would totally want that Disney Princess medal and t-shirt too! I have a friend here who is making a quilt out of her and her husband's marathon t-shirts. I'm just putting that idea in your head. That's a lot of running!
Wow! That is an awesome time!
We are going to DC next weekend & Scott's running the National Marathon. He couldn't run a mile last year so anything is possible.
That is outstanding! The furthest I was able to go was 6 miles before I got pregnant again. I thought it would be a juggle to try to do a half marathon after this next baby, but if you can do it with two kids and survive, then by gosh, I can do it too! I will say the running becomes addictive after a while. I never LIKE to run when I do it, but I like the feeling after and the sense of accomplishment. You are awesome!
That is so cool Sarah. Way to go. I am happy for you and still look up to you. I always have looked up to you. Makes me at least want to start exercising again. I don't know if they have anything like that here.
I saw this Addidas ad that I think completely defines my feelings toward running. It is a picture of someone running and it says, "Because I'm loving every wonderful, horrible minute of this". I love that!
Congrats Sarah!! I am so proud of you....I wish I could run!!!
Post a Comment