Thursday, March 12, 2009

I should be studying

But instead I will draw upon the free time to update the masses on our lives:

Sarah - Will be running the Gate River Run on Saturday, I wish her all the best in her efforts and training and hope she does really well! I'll let her speak for herself on what she's up to...mostly because I've been an unobservant husband.

Matthew - Is back in Soccer, and due the day light savings can once again watch his shadow as he runs around and become the most oblivious soccer player known to man. Of course, on those odd moments when he does pay attention to the game he does quite well. He scored the only goal during their scrimmage at practice. His first game is this Saturday @ 10am...so unfortunately we can't go cheer Sarah on, which is really lame! He's still addicted to Lego Star Wars (The Complete Saga) and talks about it NON-STOP, even when you ask him a direct question about anything he somehow answers about General Grevious or Darth Vader. Sarah is thinking we should have a Star Wars movie marathon, and she's right..I'm tired of having to explain the backstory of EVERY character.

Emily - This kid oozes personality...sadly it's a little to close to mine, which means she's a cranky little bugger. She's not a cuddly child. I do like her little mannerisms tho, they make me smile everytime she does something. She LOVES Nemo, Matthew has some Nemo bath toys that she likes so Sarah decided it was probably time to show her the movie, her reaction? She belly laughs at the fishes and loves it. Matthew also loved it when he was 2 I can't remember a time when Sarah and I were dating that he didn't want to watch Nemo.

Me - Well, I'm still working Downtown and with all the recent downturns in the economy and with my company I'm no longer assured to be moving (heck I'm no longer assured a job, but that's a post for another time). I tell ya, this is getting ever so frustrating trying to get out of Jacksonville. Sure, there are those who would look at this and say "Maybe you're not supposed to leave" to them I say ever so politely, BITE ME. I moved here on a whim, and at the time decided that I'd hang out for a year, maybe two at the most and then whim myself somewhere else. It was SIX years last August!!! I was raised in a nomadic family, I'm not used to this...living in one place thing...it just seems unnatural to me. It doesn't help the situation that I despise humidity, and heat. The past 2 days have killed me with their 80 degrees...It's March for crying out loud! It should still be snowing! I of course blame Al Gore and his ManBearPig for this weather...

6 comments:

Janelle Heath said...

Oh quit your yapping. Your not the only one who's trying to leave this place and yet never can. There are others of us who too desperately want to leave and never return but like you, our number isn't up and here we are stuck together. So quit your yapping, pony up and be a man. J-ville brought you the same joys as it brought me and for that we must be grateful and suffer in silence. (or to each other for which we are good at). I'm just hoping I get to leave before you. At least I have a time frame of when I'm ditching this place - but then again, I've had lots of those. And don't be dissin on the sunshine, I'm glad it's here. Some of us pasty people NEED the sun to look half way normal. Not all of us can be as naturally beautiful as you. BTW what time is the run as we may be able to come for a short part to cheer her on.

Janelle Heath said...

Boy that seems awfully harsh re-reading that. HUM. I should have inserted a few tee hee hee's or ha ha's. Well insert as you feel appropriate and lighten it up. :)

KJA said...

St. Louis doesn't have any snow but it's cold. Let's swap. I could use some warm 80 degree weather in MARCH! - We always covet what we don't have. Janelle is right, be thankful for the blessings you have. I have 5 creditors calling me 6 times a day and I keep telling them, the economy sucks, our business is down 50% - we can't pay a lot of our bills, so pick a number and wait in line like everyone else. But really I am abundantly blessed - beyond measure and that is my reassurance.
Good day mate.

Sarah said...

The race starts at 8:30. You should totally come and cheer me on and bring a wheel chair, just in case.

Erica said...

Spencer is addicted to Lego Star Wars as well. It is a bit embarrassing that every picture he draws at school is about Star Wars. Good luck with the job thing!! If you ever make it out, we'd love to see in you Colorado again!! :-)

Jessica said...

Matthew and Brennan sound like they would be great buddies. He, too, can turn any conversation to Lego Starwars...Oh, and now there is the SW Clone Wars show on CN and he is hooked on that, too. Dang kids and their dang trendy Star Wars...can't come up with anything original to love.