Thursday, March 12, 2009

One thing at a time

Ok, so I went with Kyrsten and Jordan to get our packets for the Gate River Run this Saturday and I have to say that I'm totally pumped, but also extremely frightened. Why didn't I find out anything about the course before I agreed to this? We have to run over 2 bridges in Jacksonville and one is a MONSTER!! Then, as we were walking around the expo, we came across the Disney running booth and I was introduced to a shiny golden medal that anyone who runs in the Disney Princess Half Marathon receives at the finish line. It looks something like this:
And the only thing I could think was I WANT THAT!! (think Napoleon Dynamite). Here I am freaking out about a 15k and all someone has to do is dangle a shiny piece of crap medal in front of my eyes and I'm already planning out how I'm going to run in the Disney 1/2 marathon, that's 13.1 miles, next March (because it just happened last weekend). I am so cheap. Well, this is how I'm feeling now. I'll update you after I've finished the Gate and if I end up having to be carried off in a stretcher, I may change my tune.

3 comments:

Devin & Amanda said...

I did the princess half last weekend and loved it. You totally need to do it next year. We are making it a yearly tradition. You will do great this weekend! Just have fun and make finishing your goal!

Jenna said...

You are going to do GREAT! If I were there I would be cheering you on with my big obnoxious cowbells! My friend Lisa has a running blog - she documents here runs & I get inspired & laugh while reading them. A good inspirational movie about running (if you can find it) is The Spirit of the Marathon. I will never run a marathon & I even liked it.

Good luck! Put ibuprofen in the car for the ride home. :)

Kara and Theo said...

I do it for the t-shirt. At least this looks similar to a medal and you can say you took First place and no one would be the wiser! =) Maybe I'll do it with you. We'll be in Mobile by then and it's not that far of a drive. That would be so awesome!