Monday, September 17, 2007

Momma and Matthew time

I absolutely love driving Matthew to school. It's the one time he actually opens up about what is going on in his classroom. Otherwise, when I ask him what he did that day, he just says "nothing". Then I say, "So, you got this dirty by sitting in a chair staring at the wall all day? Amazing!" The other morning on the way to school he says to me, "Momma (think Forest Gump because that's what he calls me now. Not mom or mommy, but momma) , I wish humans were cars." Me, "Really, you mean like a transformer?" Matthew,"No, momma. Like a race car." Me,"Oh, like Lightening McQueen?" Matthew,"Yeah! Then I could drive myself to school and you wouldn't have to!" Me,"But, I really like driving you to school." Matthew,"Well, you could still come with me!" Since then, he's decided that if it is impossible for humans to actually be cars, then he will settle for just being a race car driver. I've tried telling him that he needs to go to college (LSU of course), in order to be a race car driver, but he's already informed me that you don't in fact need to go to college to be a race car driver. How did he know that? In other cute Matthew-isms, yesterday someone told him he was so cute and his response was,"I know, my mom tells me that all the time!" We are still working on gratitude and modesty.

3 comments:

Brown Family said...

So cute!!

Anonymous said...

My nephew is a very smart little guy! He has an answer for everything. : )

Reese Elizabeth Collier said...

What a cutie! He's a smart cookie!