9 years ago
Sunday, September 30, 2007
This is the part where I complain
Ok, I'm 37 weeks and officially full term. This baby needs to come out! I've had a pretty uneventful pregnancy, so I haven't complained (too much). Of course, ask John and he'll probably tell you a different story. However, this is getting ridiculous. I can't walk. My pelvis pops everytime I move. My crotch is about to split in half. John has to pull me out of bed. My feet are swollen. John likes to make shapes with my swollen skin. I've gained 36 lbs and I'm tired of being a big fat fatty pants. Speaking of pants, I've given them up. I have two dresses that I think I'll be rotating from here on out. The next step is a moo moo, not to be confused with a duster (though that would work too). I'm tired of having to pee every time I sit down or stand up or move in any way. I had a dream the other night that all of my friends or family who are pregnant (and some who aren't even pregnant) had their babies and I was still pregnant. It seems like I'll be pregnant forever. That's not possible, is it? I haven't had a full night's sleep in about 2 months or more. I realize that I probably won't have a full night's sleep for at least another year, but oh to be able to sleep on my stomach again. Sigh..... I keep reminding myself that it's all worth it. I will give birth to a beautiful baby girl who will one day make a difference in the world. Of course, if she doesn't, she's in for a lifetime of guilt trips from her loving mother. Oh, the joys of parenthood!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
You're almost there! Just 3 more weeks! I can hardly wait to see pictures of your new little princess! You'll be welcomed to the world of pink! :) Take care!
At least you didn't have to stay in the hosptial for 3 weeks. In the long run the pregnancy won't seem like it was so long and drawn out. She'll be here before you know it.
Oh I feel for you! I remember those days. Just last year and I was saying the same things you are. Good Luck and hang in there! :)
The end really sucks! Plain and simple. I hate to bring up old memories, but I remember your feet with Matthew, and us swimming at the pool at the LSU apartments. That is when I first saw how truly awesome pregnancy could be!
I hope she comes sooner, rather than later, and that it is a speedy and easy process.
LOL LOL LOL I laughed so hard when I read your comments!!!! I remember when I was 9 months pregnant with YOU!!! You do have a way with words, baby girl. And YOUR little baby girl will be here and all this will be a dim memory very soon. Hang in there darling, it IS worth it! Love always, Mom
I'm not even close to 37 weeks, but I cried when I realized I could no longer sleep comfortably on my belly at night.
I shouldn't be wistful since I still have four months to go, but I'm so jealous you're on the home stretch!
Post a Comment