Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dad is good at making Christmas!

Recently, the things out of Matthew's mouth have gotten incredibly random, and some are pants wetting hilarious! The title came from tonight while he was sitting at the dining room table, eating his dinner and I was debating with Sarah what I was going to make for us. (we haven't been shopping for a while and evidently groceries get used up quickly) and while I'm talking about the different things I could "create" with the various cans of beans, creamed corn, pasta etc. Matthew lets loose with that little gem. Then as an almost afterthought he mentions "dinners."

Today, after church, Em was being a butt which meant it was time for her to go to sleep, so Sarah takes Em into her room to "put her down" and Matthew and I go into his room where I was trying to get him to change out of his church clothes into some play clothes. He gets down to his undies (which were some TMNT boxers) and his socks...we're talking about I don't even remember what when out of the blue comes an excited "Dad, you should go get on only your Boxers so we can wrestle!" I look at him and he's flexing his muscles and looking at me like "Your time has come to an end old man, I will now OWN YOU!" So I explained that I don't need to only wear my Boxers (I don't actually have any..TMI? Maybe) to beat him up, so then we had an impromptu beat down, and wouldn't you know it...he won! As soon as I "tapped out" and was lying beaten on the floor, he jumps up and says "YES!!! I WON THE BELT" (perhaps I shouldn't have let him watch 5 seconds of Friday Night SmackDown last week). After dinner he once again donned his new wrestling persona and this time I was able to snap a picture...Try not to be too frightened of the "Champ!"

Whatcha gonna do Brother?

Tomorrow begins 1st Grade for Matthew, and sadly his brand new shoes (new shoes make you run faster, it's a Scientific FACT!) can't go with him, why you ask? Well, after shopping around (and somehow convincing him that $50 sketchers weren't kewl) we finally found just the right "Transformer" shoes, and picked them up on Saturday from Target. Only to find that when we got them home that evidently Mom & Dad need to actually look at both shoes, because we ended up with 2 left shoes, 1 is a size 11 and 1 is a size 12 & 1/2. Sarah will be correcting this, and maybe the poor sucker who ended up with 2 right shoes will also be back tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

that is one funny kid. and about the shoes...my husband convinced me our kindergartener needed some of those $50 sketchers that said child had seen on t.v. they were ONLY $40 so i caved instead of having pissed husband.
well, ha, ha, ha...tried on the shoes friday and they are too tight!!! ha, ha, ha...i got to pick out much less expensive shoes for the munchkin to enjoy.
anyways, the reason for my rant...i am glad you and sarah agree on NOT spending too much on a pair of shoes the kid will get all gross anyways.

Brown Family said...

Oh, Matthew is so cute and getting so big. First Grade! Wow! Congrats to him on being the winner at Wrestle Mania! :)

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest picture of Matthew. When you oldest gets on the school bus like he was meant to do it, that really makes you feel so old. Where did the time fly right?

Kylee said...

That is HILARIOUS I laughed out loud multiple times!