Tonight as Matthew and I waited in the car while Sarah was in CVS, Matthew was looking at a costume catalog (because as we all know Halloween is almost here and he's going to be a Skeleton, and Emily shall be a Carrot) and he saw a devil costume and says "I didn't know the Devil was from fire" to which I responded "Huh?" He then asked "So, does the Devil live under ground then?"
Thus began our theological discussion about our First Estate and how by our choices we came to be, and how by his choices the devil came to be. I explained how now that he's mad that he made a bad choice the devil wants us to make bad choices too. Overall it went well, and Matthew decided that he wouldn't be tempted by saying "Well I just won't listen then" when I asked for clarification he said "You know, to the bad stuff." He elaborated more by explaining his conversion from when he used to "sneak" candy to now when he doesn't.

He made me proud!
Good on ya Boy! Now, continue making good choices, and no more sneaking and I won't sell you to the Gypsies!
Thus began our theological discussion about our First Estate and how by our choices we came to be, and how by his choices the devil came to be. I explained how now that he's mad that he made a bad choice the devil wants us to make bad choices too. Overall it went well, and Matthew decided that he wouldn't be tempted by saying "Well I just won't listen then" when I asked for clarification he said "You know, to the bad stuff." He elaborated more by explaining his conversion from when he used to "sneak" candy to now when he doesn't.

He made me proud!
Good on ya Boy! Now, continue making good choices, and no more sneaking and I won't sell you to the Gypsies!



No comments:
Post a Comment