Thursday, August 21, 2008

We're Moving to......

So, FINALLY after waiting a coons age the decision was made!

As many of you know I recently received a promotion at work, which was going to require that I be transferred into a Branch Office for training for the next 12 - 18 month as an Associate Manager, well for the last 8 weeks we've been biting our nails & getting our house and lives in order to prepare to move. With such potential places as Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, Orlando we were sure to relocate, and yesterday I finally got the call, I will be sent to...........


Scenic Downtown Jacksonville

Kinda Anti-Climactic huh? Now I blame this entirely on Brother Rodriguez as he informed me a few weeks back that he would be praying that we stayed in Jacksonville...so this lack of move can only mean that I have less faith than him! Or it was a cost saving measure on the part of my company in these less than stellar economic times, whichever.

So, those of you who like having us nearby can be happy, and those of you who hate us with the fiery burning hatred of 11 suns will need to continue to seethe as we're here for a little bit longer. (though there was talk of a potential move in 6-8 months....they just LOVE dangling that carrot)

Well, it's shower time...gotta go to work in a Tropical Storm! Bring it on FAY, you're NOTHING but a buncha rain and wind!

10 comments:

Kylee said...

I am SOOO glad your prescence in the GREAT city of Jacksonville will continue on.

Erica said...

Does this mean that you are close enough that you are not moving? You are staying in your current house? Well congrats away- good luck with the new job.

Jamey says 11 suns is not enough- more like 26.

Alisa said...

YEAH!!! We are so happy to hear that your family is staying. That can only mean more fun movie nights to come...:)

Happy said...

YEAH for me!!!!!!!!! I am so selfishly happy about this I can't stand it!!!!! Thanks for not taking my closest friend away from me!!!!

Erika said...

Sucka, sucka, sucka, this was not the way I planned things. At all.
*Going to talk to God now.

Jason and Charlotte said...

You had me hanging on to every word then I saw wonderful J-ville....sorry Sarah!! I wish I were still there to help out in Primary, it already stinks not having a house yet. Moving was horrible so be happy you guys don't have to do it!!

Kara and Theo said...

You know there are two spots open in Jax for us Coasties next transfer. Maybe we will put in for it and join you in your misery! ;)~

Seth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seth said...

Hey guy, look on the bright side - at least you still don't have to worry about state income tax! You know? Because in 2 out of those 4 potential cities you would have had to worry about that... Yikes!

Becky and Gerald said...

We're coming to Orlando for Thanksgiving - maybe we'll get to see you on our way down?

Hope so!!!