Matthew has been doing really well at school. He rides the bus like a champ and his reading continues to get better everyday. I am often surprised at the words he can read and comprehend. Now, if he'd just learn to listen. Life would be good. He is also focusing more on his coloring and drawing. He now tries to stay in the lines. (Apparently, this is how it's supposed to be done, who knew?) The other day John asked him something and he said, "That's a big neg-a-tron!" Which would be funny to you if you knew that John started saying that at work and then brought it home to us. It was just funny to hear the 6 year old say it.
Emily is no longer a lump. It's amazing to me how much she has changed just in the last month. She just learned how to crawl and already she is trying so hard to walk. Happy gave us a walker and Emily loves to push it around. She says "bye" and waves to people. This started the other day when I was getting off of the phone. I said "bye" and she looked at me and said "bye" and started waving. I'm still not sure if she understands the difference between waving and the sign for "milk". It's pretty much the only sign I tried to teach her and when she does it, they both look the same. She is finally cutting one of her top teeth and is really doing well considering. She is definitely laughing and smiling more. When John gets home from work, she gets the biggest grin on her face and lets out squeals of excitement. It's really cute.
I usually spend my life wondering what Matthew and Emily are going to look like when they grow up, or what they are going to be like, or do. Yesterday, I had one of those moments when everything just seemed perfect right then. Emily and I were at the park and I was swinging her. I just thought, this is what life is all about, moments like this of pure joy. I vowed to try harder to "live in the now, man!" and appreciate each moment because they don't last long.
Hanna should be here by Friday. I think we are pretty prepared as far as food and water go, but I'm never prepared for tornadoes, or trees smashing my house to bits, or the electricity being out for days or massive flooding. Ugh. I'm not looking forward to this. I think my family and friends in BR are ok after Gustav, but I still haven't heard from some of them. If you're reading this, shoot me a comment. I'd like to know you're doing alright!!
Emily finally woke up and is making it known that she no longer wishes to be in her crib. Duty calls...



4 comments:
Sarah, I'm not witty either, yet I still blog away and for some reason a few people read it.
Matthew sounds like he is so funny. I wish there was some way we could have him and Brennan be friends. I guess I could drive to UT when he is there...that's an option, but then I'd be in UT. Weird.
That coloring in the lines thing...maybe his class can have a coloring contest and that'll whip him into shape. It did last year for Brennan, and he was only in preschool. He got really mad that he didn't win and started practicing every day. He didn't win the next contest, either, but he did his best.
So, just a thought.
Geez, now I've written an entire novel on your blog.
Sorry.
Are you kidding?! I love reading your blog. You both have a great sense of humor that not everyone has. Looks like Matthew is following in your alls footsteps with the humor thing because the things that I have read are so hilarious! We will be keeping you all in our prayers during the storms.
Good luck with Hanna. I happen to have "Hurricane Evacuees Welcome" stenciled over the front door. If you ever feel the need to get outof town, we are six short hours, two fast food stops, & 20 bathroom breaks away.
Yikes, I hope Hanna does not stick around for long. Let us know if you need anything. By the way, I am missing my large purple feather boa...Have you seen it??
: ) Carrie
Post a Comment