
This was the view from our balcony, so after Matthew, Emily and I went to dinner at Cafe 4750 (where I ate the Red Snapper, yum!), and we played at the playground for a bit, I brought the kids back up to our room, bathed them and put them to sleep for a little mommy time. The bathroom was huge and had an awesome tub, so I took a hot bath and then when I looked like a prune, I put on the robe and went out onto the balcony to listen to the ocean and enjoy the cool breeze and some peace and quiet. The only way it could have been any more relaxing was if John could have been there with me. The next day after John was done with this meetings, we ate lunch at Brett's Waterway Cafe in Fernandina Beach. We've never eaten there before, but it's right on the river and has some amazing views. Then we took a stroll down Center Street in Historic Fernandina Beach, stopped for some fudge and found a really cute children's boutique and a quaint little bookstore. I think I fell in love with Fernandina Beach. It is the cutest little town where everything runs at a slower pace. I just love the atmosphere there, so laid back. I love that it's only an hour drive from our house. On our next trip, we plan to take the ferry to Cumberland Island where they have free roaming wild horses. Here's some pictures of us in Fernandina.




Matthew was so afraid of this shark. Even after I put my hand in it's mouth and promised him that it wasn't real. It was made out of plastic, he wouldn't believe me. We finally got these pictures, but it took sticking Emily near the shark for Matthew to get near it.


When we got home, John went to get Emily out of her car seat. He asked me if I had given Emily any of my fudge. I was surprised by this, as I am very protective of my fudge and had kept it safely near me in case of sudden urges on the way back. When I saw the following horrifying sight, I understood his question. Warning: These pictures are not for the faint of heart.




Yes, she was eating it. (Hurl) I have to add that this is Emily's brand new car seat. This was the first time she ever sat in it. It's like she needed to Christen it. This was probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my entire life.
Ok, now I have to leave with a really cute video of Emily. She did turn 11 months old over the weekend. She's still working on three teeth right now (which has been fun), she waves at people and says "bye", "uh-oh" and "up". When she's not covered in poo, she really is cute! I'm a little worried that she's got a temper to go along with her red hair. That child gets so angry when she doesn't get her way. I think I saw her first temper tantrum the other day. She flung herself onto the floor crying and then hit her head on the floor, which of course made her cry even more. She is constantly hitting her head on things, which I'm sure will make it impossible for her to learn math. I'm thinking about investing in a baby helmet. They make those, don't they?



7 comments:
Okay, what's even funnier about the poo-gone-wild pictures is that you can see Matthew sitting by her and watching this whole debaucle going down! That is one mighty explosion.
I didn't know that older babies/toddlers had those kind of explosions any more- that was akin to newborn poo which I swear oozes out of their pores.
At least you got to have a good time playing with sharks and living up the beach before you had to hose the car down! Good times.
Whoa, that TOTALLY happened to us in March! And the funny thing is, we have the SAME car seat (which is totally pimp, by the way).
We were driving to San Francisco from Utah and Micah napped through the windy drive past Lake Tahoe. We stopped for lunch, only to find that when we took Micah out of the car, he had the worst diarrhea just running down his legs and onto the parking lot! No hint of a diaper blow out until we had picked him up, but man, was that a nightmare of a clean up!
Good times, good times!
Her little face next to the shark is PRICELESS, by the way.
And also, I loved the Ritz Carlton story! Heavenly!
That has to be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen (gag). How is it that no one in the car smelled it or even that Matthew didn't notice or complain that Emily was eating fudge and he wasn’t?
You do realize how embarrassed she'll be when she grows up that you have pictures of this. Please tell me you'll blow it up to poster size and have it sitting in the living room when she grows up to prevent her from inviting boys over. Ha Ha!
That was unbelievably disgusting. I swear there has to be a baby photo contest that you can win with those pictures.
P.S. thanks for the warning before the pictures. :)
Okay, that even grossed Jared out!! Too funny!!!! That beats our poop picture and stories on our blog hands down!
Oh, vomit...at least car seat covers can be washed...right?
What a great trip. And I love fudge. Scheels Sporting Goods has a homemade fudge shop in it here and I love to go there, get a free piece for the boys and me...then take theirs :-)
Wow--for one tiny second I felt better about not having a baby. I am so jealous that you got to stay at a Ritz Carlton. Everytime I plan a trip with Brian I look to see how much it would cost to spend one night at the Ritz. Needless to say--we have never stayed there.
Sick sick sick! Please tell me I'm not doomed to have a similar situation at some point in time!
Post a Comment