Tuesday, March 4, 2008

20 years ago

Ok, Stacy. I'll play your game.

20 years ago- I was 10 going on 14 as my mom used to say. I think I got my first perm and man was I hot!! I also was tested to be in gifted and talented at my school. I had no idea what that was. All I knew was that the students in G&T couldn't be in the same class as everyone else and I didn't want that, so I purposely tried to botch it. Unfortunately, I must have randomly picked the right answers because I got in. I made some really good friends in that class, so it worked out well.

15 years ago - I was dying to turn 16 so I could date. Not that I had anyone to date, but I just wanted to be old enough. Actually, when I was 15 I went on a double date with Mark Wesley, Jan Baughman and Kevin Bogan (lovingly referred to by Mark at "Monkey Boy"). I remember explaining to my dad that it really wasn't a double date, but a group date which should be ok at the age of 15. I think we went to see a movie at the dollar theatre and I think that was the first time I ever heard the song "Rump Shaker". Thanks, Mark!

10 years ago - I was a junior at LSU. That was probably one of the most fun times of my life. I met Shelley that year and we had so much fun. I knew she was one of the coolest people on the planet when she asked out her economics teacher on the final and he said yes! We did so many things together. I loved the way she made everything around her beautiful. I think that was the first time in my life that I felt like I was over the awkward teenage stage and ready to move into a more confident adult stage.

5 years ago - I was going through probably one of the hardest times in my life. I like to refer to it as the dark ages. I had a new baby and was getting a divorce. Although it was extremely difficult, it solidified my testimony of my Savior. Until that time, I had never really felt like I needed the atonement. Then, I came to understand that the atonement is not only to take away our sins, but our sorrows as well. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for helping me through that time. I am grateful for the spirit of forgiveness that He helps me feel everyday. I hope I never have to go through something that difficult again, but I know that if I do I will be able to get through it with His help.

3 years ago - I married John. He was so good to me. He introduced me to sushi. He always put me first and never drew attention to himself when he did something nice for me. He jumped through my hoops. He went broke buying me the engagement ring that I just had to have. He picked Matthew up from school. He let me have my beach wedding. He let me have my cruise. He believed in me when I said I wanted to get a real estate license. Thanks, honey. I hope you know how much I love you. You mean the world to me.

1 year ago - I was newly pregnant with Emily.

Yesterday - I walked 1.5 miles (hey, it's a start). I played with Emily. I picked Matthew up from school. I had an appointment for a lease signing. I watched part of Stargate Atlantis and fell asleep.

Today - I walked again. I washed dishes. I played Tropix with Matthew. I made some calls and wrapped a birthday gift.

Tomorrow - I'm going to Matthew's second soccer practice and I'm moving my clients into their new condo.

I tag anyone who wants to play. Have fun!!

4 comments:

Lexi said...

I'm glad I got to meet you even though it was during the dark ages. I remember coming to visit teach you and I had no clue what was going on with you and Matthew since I was new to the ward. I just remember thinking that you were really nice and very pretty (which I still think) and that it was sad that you were moving because I thought you were a neat person! But if you hadn't moved you wouldn't have a sweet Emily and a doting John to take care of you so I know it was all for a good reason! It was great to read more about you!

Sarah said...

Lexi, You were one of my favorite visiting teachers back then. I still have the figurine you gave me and even though Matthew kicked a ball in the house and broke it to pieces, I love it so much that I picked up the pieces and glued it back together. I also have the Moola jar and the book mark you gave me. You have great taste in gifts!! Thanks for thinking I'm pretty. That means a lot coming from a SUPER MODEL!! I always thought you were a hot mama (and that was before Peyton!!)

Jessica said...

Sarah,
I am so glad that you emerged from the dark ages with a stronger faith in Christ and a testimony that is probably pretty unshakable now.
Oh, how I miss about 6 years ago when you started selling Mary Kay and we started hanging out...I still think it's so silly that we lived less than 20 seconds apart and hardly ever got together... until you moved 'far away'. Thanks for nudging me more towards makeup...I still have this lipstick in a tube thing I bought from you that I should probably get rid of but love the colors too much to do so...
Jessica

Meredith said...

very cool! i think i need to do this, too! although, i don't think much interesting has happened... we'll see won't we?! :) i can't believe we never hung out while i was living close to you guys... i think we would have had fun! now, we just have to keep in touch online...