9 years ago
Monday, March 31, 2008
Bienvenido a Miami
Yes, as soon as John told me we were going to Miami and everytime he said it after that, I had that stupid Will Smith song stuck in my head. It was my first time there and I have to say I want to go back sans kids. We had a good time, but I think we could have done more without winey mc winerson in the back seat. (I love you Matthew, one day, you'll understand). We had a slight issue with the hotel because they overbooked, but we did get to stay in the Hyatt for free because of it for one night, so that was nice. And I got to see the ocean down there. It is so beautiful. Much different than our brown water up here. I do like our beach here, but the water is so clear and blue down there, it's really beautiful. We also went to the zoo which is supposed to be one of the top 10 zoos in the country. Are there only 10 zoos in this country? It wasn't incredibly impressive, not really much better than our zoo. But, Mat had a good time and we saw a camel with 2 humps, so it was a good way to spend an afternoon. The best part about going on road trips with John is that we usually get to have conversations while the kids are asleep. There is no tv and no other distractions, just John and me. And I get to hear what's really going on in that head of his. Good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
ahhhh. as soon as i read your title, that song popped into MY head! thanks a lot! :) sounds like you guys had a great time.
i went to the san diego zoo and i've been to the dc zoo and one in chicago and i am just not impressed with any of them. maybe i just don't like zoos. but i am glad you guys got to see the 2-humped camel! :)
I'm glad you had fun!! I have always wanted to see Miami. My brother lives there and he says it can be wonderful and awful. I hope you post some pics!
~Carrie
so, you went on a trip to miami...and your camera broke? or what? i haven't been there, either, so it would have been nice to see what it looked like through your eyes :-)
the omaha zoo is WAY better then the baton rouge zoo, but not so good as the new orleans zoo, so you can choose where it fits in the range of things.
we did go A LOT until our pass expired in march...we're taking the year off and will re-join in the spring of 09.
b/c you know you cared about that crap...
Post a Comment