So, today we went to the First game of the season, sure it was supposed to be last week, but that was rained out.
So we get to the park around 2, because not only is it Game day, it's also Picture Day! So, after wandering around for a while trying to find the right place for pictures and monkeying around with the taking of them we finally got over to the field for the game.
It's a recreation league, so this means 3 on 3 games with no goalies. At first it was kinda a cluster, with all the kids running around willy nilly, but eventually they sorta got the hang of what was happening.
In the second quarter Matthew pulled out this play
It was quite excellent.
Soon thereafter he got knocked down and trampled on (I'll need to go through the footage and see if we caught this), and became the only kid at the game to cry. But even now if you ask what he remembers most, it's his scoring goal (oh yeah, his league doesn't "keep score" but we all know the truth.)
9 years ago



4 comments:
yea, Matthew!!!!!! I can't see the video, but I sure am proud of him! I'd cry if I got trampled by cleats, too! :)
Sorry about that!
I've reset the video for Public viewing...
It's good to go now!
Way to go Matthew!! How exciting!
YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH MATTHEW! You go, boy! and just remember, it takes a REAL man to cry....
Love,
Grandma and Pawpaw Craig
Post a Comment