Sunday, March 9, 2008

Get off my LAWN!!!

Keeping in theme with Sarah's rant regarding yards.

When did I get old? It happened suddenly, but yesterday Sarah and I were out shopping, and I suggested that we stop by GameStop to check out the Wii (since we've talked of getting one from time to time) and they had one on display, but when we tried playing with it the stupid thing was stuck on some menu screen, and it simply wouldn't work.

So since the store was full and I wasn't in the mood to fight with a bunch of pimply pukes to go look at some games we decided to leave, on the way out the door I see this little maybe 10 year old girl over at the Wii, and she grabs the remote and immediately goes from the menu to playing.

I mucked with that idiotic thing for like 3 minutes and I couldn't figure it out. I realize this makes me incredibly old.


So, Please excuse me while I go feed these nice squirrels.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

that is so funny! :) i had this happen to me the other day, too. my 9 year old niece just looked at me like i was an old lady... getting old stinks!

Happy said...

Okay, you and Sarah seriously crack me up! I love your posts!

Lexi said...

I love how things that are supposed to be 'child-proof' (like medicine bottles) hardly ever are. They might be adult-proof, but child-proof? Nah. So how are those squirrels treating you?

Brown Family said...

You two are hilarious. But I can so relate. I hate having to call my 7 yr. old in to help me with the t.v. remote. Throw the squirrels something for me too.