Tuesday, May 27, 2008

3 generations



I finally got a picture of all of us together. Though it was a sad trip, it was really good to see my mom again. She is such a talented lady and I really miss having her there to advise me when I get into different projects or want to learn how to do things. She is so good at decorating. She has always been able to take something that other people would discard and fix it and make it beautiful. I used to get so embarrassed when my mom would stop to pick an old table or chair out of someone's trash at the side of the road. But, she would take it home and sand it down, refinish it or recover it and it would be the most beautiful piece of furniture. She saved a lot of money by buying used and though we rarely had brand new furniture, our house always looked nice and my mom never had to go outside our home to work. She is also a great seamstress. I can't count the number of prom dresses, regular dresses, costumes, curtains, pillows, bed skirts, etc. that she's whipped up for me. I wish I was half as talented as she is. I hope she never forgets that though our family is a little on the dysfunctional side, she is valuable and loved.

1 comment:

Prairie said...

Sarah you are so cute!!! WHat great picture to have with your mom! I loe it!