Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sad Day

My dad called me Friday morning to tell me that my brother's baby had died. She was born with a rare disease that only allowed her to live for 13 months. We just got back from the funeral last night. I didn't know her. I'm just so sad for my brother and his wife. I'm so glad for the support system they have with Jill's church family. They will definitely help them through this. Thanks to Erika for letting us shack up with her for two and a half nights with almost no notice. Thanks to my husband for being the support that I needed to get through this trip. It's not easy for me to go home normally, much less under these circumstances. It was really good to see my brother again. It's been almost 7 years. I pray that somehow Heavenly Father will take away the pain he feels. She was a beautiful child who brought joy to all who knew her and she will be missed.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Sarah, I am sorry to hear about your family's loss. I'll try to keep them in my prayers.

Meredith said...

oh, sarah! that's so sad! my prayers are with you and your extended family!

Brown Family said...

Oh wow, Sarah! You and your family will be in our prayers. I am very sorry.

Stacy Hutchinson said...

I'm so sorry your family is going through this. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Kara and Theo said...

Even though I have never met your brother or his daughter there is that bond that parents feel when you talk about the loss of a child. I pray that Heavenly Father blesses them with peace and comforts them during this really sad time.