Matthew reminded me last night that no matter what happens today, he and Mom are hitting the town!
Of course, Matthew's Idea of "Hitting the Town" means heading to McDonalds and getting the newest Batman Lego toy.
As for me? Well, as Sarah said I was sent out of town, to Tallahassee. I was supposed to be gone for over a week, but the day after I left I was called back (yes, the day that Sarah seemed to have lost her mind), and tonight there's a 50/50 chance I'll be heading back there...why you ask? Because people are wishy-washy.
In case you've never made the I-10 drive from Jacksonville to Tallahassee, allow me describe it to you.
Two lanes, trees on the right, and trees on the left. After Macclenny there is a cop, after the I-75 junction, there is a cop, after Live Oak, there is a cop, and then...nothing but trees on either side until the Tallahassee exit. It's the most BORING drive ever...and I've driven through Nebraska & Kansas (numerous times)...so I know boring! If I go again tonight, that will mean I have made this trip 4 times in less than a week...oh how I cherish the idea of this...oh yes...and HOW shall I cope? By playing some old Techno CDs at an incredibly loud volume. This made the last trip somewhat enjoyable.
Luckily I still have my Club style CDs all together...I'm sure the trip tonight will equal the last.
The best from Tuesday was Ultra Dance 2 (disc 2) tracks 2 - 8
2. Like A Prayer (Main Mix) - Mad House
3. You're Not Alone (2nd Clubb Mix) - ATB
4. Close Cover (DJ Gert Vs. DJ Bonka RMX) - Minimalistix
5. Take Me Away (Into The Night) (Vocal Club) - 4 Strings (I skipped this song more often than not)
6. Be.Angeled (Paul Van Dyk Club Mix) - Jam & Spoon
7. Someday... - DJ's@Work
8. Infected - Barthezz
This set made me want to dust off my records, and pull out my turntables and spin a new mix...it's been a few years since I've done that. I'm also wishing my old tapes of Jon Bishop & Christopher Lawrence weren't so abused that they won't play anymore.
After moving to Jax I pretty much gave up DJing, as the only sound in this is a Booty town, and I'm just not into the Booty music, never have been. Because of this it made finding records nigh impossible (without resorting to online ordering). I blame it on the South, and the stupid "Dirty" sounds from Hotlanta.
Of course, Matthew's Idea of "Hitting the Town" means heading to McDonalds and getting the newest Batman Lego toy.
As for me? Well, as Sarah said I was sent out of town, to Tallahassee. I was supposed to be gone for over a week, but the day after I left I was called back (yes, the day that Sarah seemed to have lost her mind), and tonight there's a 50/50 chance I'll be heading back there...why you ask? Because people are wishy-washy.
In case you've never made the I-10 drive from Jacksonville to Tallahassee, allow me describe it to you.
Two lanes, trees on the right, and trees on the left. After Macclenny there is a cop, after the I-75 junction, there is a cop, after Live Oak, there is a cop, and then...nothing but trees on either side until the Tallahassee exit. It's the most BORING drive ever...and I've driven through Nebraska & Kansas (numerous times)...so I know boring! If I go again tonight, that will mean I have made this trip 4 times in less than a week...oh how I cherish the idea of this...oh yes...and HOW shall I cope? By playing some old Techno CDs at an incredibly loud volume. This made the last trip somewhat enjoyable.
Luckily I still have my Club style CDs all together...I'm sure the trip tonight will equal the last.
The best from Tuesday was Ultra Dance 2 (disc 2) tracks 2 - 8
2. Like A Prayer (Main Mix) - Mad House
3. You're Not Alone (2nd Clubb Mix) - ATB
4. Close Cover (DJ Gert Vs. DJ Bonka RMX) - Minimalistix
5. Take Me Away (Into The Night) (Vocal Club) - 4 Strings (I skipped this song more often than not)
6. Be.Angeled (Paul Van Dyk Club Mix) - Jam & Spoon
7. Someday... - DJ's@Work
8. Infected - Barthezz
This set made me want to dust off my records, and pull out my turntables and spin a new mix...it's been a few years since I've done that. I'm also wishing my old tapes of Jon Bishop & Christopher Lawrence weren't so abused that they won't play anymore.
After moving to Jax I pretty much gave up DJing, as the only sound in this is a Booty town, and I'm just not into the Booty music, never have been. Because of this it made finding records nigh impossible (without resorting to online ordering). I blame it on the South, and the stupid "Dirty" sounds from Hotlanta.



2 comments:
i second the boringness of driving in NE and KS...when i drove from NE to TX, i thought i'd go bananas...the two little monkeys in the back kept me from that...but i was close by the time we got to katy.
Dirty SOUTH!!
HOLLLLLLAAAAAA!
Post a Comment