Sunday, October 19, 2008

You were always good at putting words together

This Tuesday night something strange is happening...Something that for me hasn't happened in almost 5 years...something that Sarah & I haven't done together in our life together...What you may be asking yourself is happening??

We're going to a Concert. Well, let me be clear, it's not going to be as amazing as some of the live shows I've been to in my days, but with such shows as Ned's Atomic Dustbin, Seraphim Shock, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, Southern Culture on the Skids, & The Reverend Horton Heat under my belt how could it could it compare? We're going to see Matt Nathanson @ the Freebird. This should prove to be fun. I first heard of Matt Nathanson when my brother Seth loaned me a CD with the Song "Loud" on it (about 7 years ago) and I really liked the girls voice (thought it was Brenda Khan, it wasn't) He's an ok artist, and I'm excited to be able to go with Sarah. Now, the Freebird (sucked acoustically when I saw SCOTS & the Reverend there) seems like a decent choice for this venue (and for those of you who live where live music has more than 3 venues, feel blessed) as his music shouldn't be too loud for the existing soundsystem.

Concerts, and Music in general used to take up quite a bit of my freetime prior to moving to Jax, but since living here (again, 3 venues) we don't see many decent bands heading here. So I'm pretty excited by being able to go, and also as I said this will be the first time Sarah and I get to see a show together.

Now, why haven't I been posting as much lately? Well, that's easy, I'm BUSY with work, and studying for work. It's a lame excuse, but what are you gonna do? it's the truth. I also felt that I was running amok on my wife's blog (she did start it and threaten me with death if I "ruined" it.) and wanted to rein it in a bit. But as time and tide dictate I'll attempt to post.

On a different note, I did find out that the Chipotle in Mandarin has opened and I haven't been there...this will be remidied this week for sure!

No comments: