Monday, October 13, 2008

More pics from Emily's party










I just wanted to add some more pictures from Emily's party. She had a great time eating her cupcake and almost got the hang of opening presents. She's always had a thing for ripping paper (you should see last month's copy of the The Friend), so it wasn't a difficult concept for her to comprehend. Happy and I both gave her dolls in the hopes that her girli-ness will come out, but so far it seems she prefers playing with Matthew's cars. She also got a princess umbrella from the Heaths, which will come in handy on our walks when it starts to rain.

Just for some Em stats, she weighs 20 lbs and she still hasn't mastered walking yet. She loves her walker as you can see from the previous post. Naps aren't as easy as they were before. She's starting to fight me on them even though I know she's exhausted. She's got more teeth coming in, so that's probably part of it. Even though she's loud and cranky most of the time, we still love her and wouldn't trade her for the world!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

that is a really cute cake...and a cute girlie, too.

Jason Randall said...

I can tell John E took the pictures because most of them are Emily and Sarah's boobs.

Carrie said...

Happy birthday Emily!!! We hope that you enjoyed our super cool birthday song. We wrote it esecially for you! : ) We love you little niece! You are the cutest little girl ever!!

Daisy Paige said...

Wow, she's all grown up! What a darling little girl. And I have to say, that's one of the cleanest 1-year-olds I've ever seen after eating their birthday cake.

Happy happy birthday!