Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Momma, I'm coming home

I'm leaving on a jet plane with two kids and no husband. I'm sure I'm out of my mind. I'm really sorry, honey. I honestly didn't think you would want to or would be able to go with us. And since the trip was really about Matthew hanging out with Will at an LSU football game, I thought it would be pretty quick. But Southwest had $56 one way tickets on Thursday and Tuesday only, so my trip got extended.

I am excited to see all my old friends again (not that you are old... oh who am I kidding?, we are all OLD!!) And it'll be nice to see my family as well. My nieces and nephews are pretty cute and my mom and dad have done a lot of work to the house that they want me to see. It's weird to think that I moved here 5 years ago Labor Day weekend. A lot of things have changed in that time. And thank goodness for that! Moving here was probably one of the hardest and best things I did for myself and Matthew. While John and I both think we live in a black hole of no return, we have to admit that if it hadn't been for this place, we never would have met. And it's not that I don't like it here, it's just that every time we think we are going to move and get excited about moving, we end up right where we are. I know that as soon as we are both really comfortable here and everything is going smoothly in our lives, that's when we will move and have to start all over again. It's just the way it works and I accept that.

A move must be coming soon because I'm really enjoying my life right now. I started working out with Ashley and Kyrsten (who are my inspiration and one day I hope to look like them) and Happy and Allison (who are also both hot and I don't mean to say that you aren't my inspirations either, but come on, look at Ashley and Kyrsten's arms! Give me a break!) And I love staying home with my little screamer and being able to meet Matthew at his busstop. Also, the Primary Program is over and I don't have to worry about it for another year. Ahh, life is good. I think I'll go take a shower.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

flying with two isn't that bad...unless you get stuck in a snowstorm layover in chicago for hours on end with no end in site.
oh, wait, you're in FL...you've got nothing to worry about.
have fun and don't freak out at all the crazy changes in B.R.